Tuesday, May 22, 2012

8 Most Useful Keyboard Shortcuts For Beginner Eclipse IDE Users

I recently had two pair assignments for class, each of which had to be with a different classmate. With the object of programming for Java, we utilizedEclipse as our IDE simply because that was what we were taught to use. I tried learning VIM editorkeyboard shortcuts, but I have not been using it daily so I was fine with using Eclipse, which seemed to make everything a lot easier. You can see a list of all the files in your Java (or Android for that matter) project in the package explorer, easily navigate to the desired function with the outline window, get suggestions for functions, imports, and more.
Anyhow, since my partners and I worked withEclipse, my first partner taught me a few keyboard shortcuts, which I then taught to my second partner, whom did not use “sysout” or any Eclipse shortcuts (if you do not know what “sysout” means, you’re reading the right article!). Thus, the reason for this post was born – to go over some very useful keyboard shortcuts for actions you’ll probably perform often.
If you are a frequent reader of this post and have contemplated programming for a little while, ponder no longer. We at MakeUseOf have compiled a few lists to websites that will guide you through Java (or C++) lessons and examples. What if you’re unsure of what language to start with? We also have you covered with suggestions for web and software development. So once you’re done browsing through our development collection, feel inspired to start programming, and have Eclipse installed, you might want find the following tips useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment